Admission to the Master in Film Studies is by competitive exam every two years. The next competitive exam is scheduled in Spring 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree
- equivalent foreign certificate
Online registration closed until Autumn 2017. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part to their online registration, the candidates select one of the five specializations:
They also send to the ECAL an electronic application (PDF) consisting of administrative and personal items.
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of required qualifications (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian and English).
The personal file contains :
- a statement discussing the work, educational experience and intellectual interests
- a short description of the Master project
- a representative portfolio of recent works. Films or other moving images will only be accepted via a "Vimeo channel".
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for admission interviews. The invitation to the interviews, that will take place at ECAL will be notified by email.
Results are sent out by mail and/or email
The ECAL Secretariat (Tel. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - firstname.lastname@example.org) is happy to provide any additional information.