Admission to the Master in Type Design is by competitive exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Visual Communication
- or equivalent foreign certificate*
* ECAL evaluates title's equivalences. This procedure being relatively long, a request of examination must be submitted by email to ECAL Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org until 18 March 2022 the latest.
> Request of evaluation submitted after the above mentionned date will not be processed.
Online registration is open until 8 April 2022. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the non-refundable registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part of their online registration, the candidates send to the ECAL an electronic application (PDF) containing administrative and personal data.
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent certificate), diploma supplement and transcripts (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian English and Spanish).
The personal file contains :
- a presentation and motivation letter written in English*
- a short description of the Master project written in English*
- a representative portfolio of recent works. Films or other moving images will only be accepted via a "Vimeo channel".
* the admission process for the Master Type Design is conducted in English.
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for admission interviews. The invitation to the interviews which will take place at ECAL on 5 May 2022, will be notified by email.
Results are sent out by mail and/or email from 17 May 2022.
ECAL’s Administration office (Tél. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - email@example.com) gives any additional information.