On the occasion of the Solothurn Film Festival (online) from January 20 to 27, 2021, the ECAL Film Department presents several films by students or graduates
Congratulations to Lucas del Fresno, who won the "Upcoming Talents" Award (CHF 15'000.-) on the occasion of the Solothurn Film Festival with his diploma film made as part of the ECAL/HEAD Master's Degree in Cinema (Directing option). This Suissimage/SSA Société Suisse des Auteurs award, which honors emerging talent, presented 27 short films of all genres.
It should be noted that the film was partly produced by Ketsia Stocker and the sound was the work of Vuk Vukmanovic, both of them in the framework of their specialization in Master Cinema as well. With the participation also of Theodora Menthonnex from the option Sound of Bachelor Cinema.
On the occasion of the Solothurn Film Festival, the nominations for the Swiss Film Awards 2021 were revealed. As a result, the ECAL and its graduates were honoured six times.
Best Diploma Film, 5,000 CHF per nomination
- ALMA NEL BRANCO by Agnese Làposi, BA Cinema 2020, (ECAL, IDIP Films Sàrl)
Best Documentary, CHF 25,000 per nomination
- 5 NEWS FROM THE BRAIN by Jean-Stéphane Bron, BA CInema 1994, (Bande à part Films Sàrl, Lionel Baier)
- IL MIO CORPO by Michele Pennetta, MA Cinema ECAL/HEAD 2010, (Close Up Films Sàrl, Joëlle Bertossa, Flavia Zanon)
Best Short Film, CHF 10,000 per nomination
- TROU NOIR by Tristan Aymon, Bachelor Cinema 2010, (Association Terrainvague, Isabelle Zampiero)
- TUFFO by Jean-Guillaume Sonnier, Bachelor Cinema 2011, (Association Casa Azul Films, Jean-Guillaume Sonnier, Fabrice Aragno)
Best Editing, 5000 CHF per nomination
- SCHWESTERLEIN - Myriam Rachmuth, BA Cinema 2013
On the occasion of the Solothurn Days (online) from 20 to 27 January 2021, ECAL Cinema Department presents several films by students or graduates.
Films produced by ECAL:
Films by ECAL alumni:
Programme and screenings on www.solothurnerfilmtage.ch/fr/